(last update on October 1st, 2019)
Scope of application
The terms and conditions laid out in the present document shall apply to the relationship between the visitor (hereinafter designated as “Client”) and the MOOV hotel from the moment the reservation is requested until the period of hotel accommodation terminates.
With regards to any matter not dealt with in these Terms and Conditions, the existing Portuguese legislation shall apply.
II. Conclusion of the contract
1. By requesting the reservation of a room, the Client makes an accommodation proposal to MOOV. If there are rooms available, MOOV shall provide the Client with a reservation code.
2. The Client is informed that the reservation of rooms in MOOV hotels made through third parties (tour operators or hotel reservation portals on the Internet) results in the issuance of a reservation code different from that issued directly by MOOV, being equally valid.
3. Requests for reservations of rooms made directly to MOOV or through a third party are not binding and do not oblige MOOV to conclude a contract with the Client. MOOV shall always have the right to refuse to conclude a contract and to provide a room at its sole discretion.
4. MOOV only guarantees the Client the availability of a room in the category reserved and not the availability of a specific hotel room.
III. Types of reservations and cancellation
1. In MOOV hotels the Client is able to make two types of reservations, a “simple” reservation and a “guaranteed” reservation.
2. A simple reservation is a reservation for a room in a MOOV hotel for which no prior payment is made or means of payment is provided by the Client.
3. A guaranteed reservation is a reservation for a room in a MOOV hotel accompanied by valid and complete data of a credit card provided by a Client, or a reservation accompanied by the dispatch of the bank transfer slip for the total price of the reserved accommodation.
4. The simple reservation can be freely cancelled by the Client, at no cost, until 16h00 of the reservation day.
5. The simple reservation shall be automatically cancelled if the Client fails to appear at the hotel until 16h00 of the reservation day, in which case MOOV is able to make the reserved
room immediately available to any other Client, with the Client that made the reservation not being able to claim any compensation from MOOV on whatever grounds.
6. The guaranteed reservation can be freely cancelled by the Client until 16h00 of the reservation day, without any costs being charged, without prejudice to the specific conditions for holiday periods and special events as set out in section XVIII.
7. If the Guaranteed Reservation is cancelled under the terms of the previous paragraph and the Client has already paid the price – in accordance with the provisions of the final section of paragraph 3 of the present clause – MOOV will refund the money paid.
8. If the request for cancellation of the Guaranteed Reservation is received after 16h00 the Client shall be charged the price owed for the room on that day, with the reservation losing its validity on the following day, and the same applies if the Client fails to appear on the day of the reservation without having cancelled the reservation made in due time.
IV. Arrival and departure
1. MOOV shall provide the Client with a room in the category reserved from the date of arrival or, if the Client has not made a reservation and hires the accommodation at the hotel reception, according to the category intended and hotel availability, from 14h00 and, at the latest, from 17h00 of the day of hotel entry.
2. Upon arrival at the hotel the Client must immediately pay the price charged for the room, number of nights and additional services.
3. Upon payment of the full price, MOOV shall provide the Client with an access code for the room that will remain valid during the length of stay contracted.
4. On the date of departure the Client must leave the room vacant and free of all personal belongings and without any damage or loss until 12h00.
5. If the Client does not leave the room by 12h00 of the day of departure, a compensation fee corresponding to the price of a one night stay at the hotel will be immediately charged; the client only has the right to use the room during that period if the hotel has rooms available, if not the client shall have to pay the compensation fee and vacate the room as soon as possible.
1. It is expressly forbidden to keep animals in MOOV Hotels.
2. Animals brought into the hotel by a Client gives MOOV the right to immediately terminate the contract with the Client and obliges the Client to leave the hotel without being reimbursed for the money already paid for the availability of the room during the length of stay contracted.
1. Only those people indicated in the accommodation reservation shall have the right to use the hotel room.
2. Clients must treat the room with care and consideration.
3. The Client must treat the other clients of the hotel with consideration and respect the rules displayed at the hotel, which also form part of the accommodation contract.
4. The Client does not have permission to cook any food, whether in the hotel room or in any other part of the hotel premises.
5. Children less than 14 years of age must be supervised by an adult Client at all times during their stay at the hotel.
6. The Client is strongly recommended not to keep (when out of the hotel room) any money, jewellery, objects of value or other valuable items in the hotel room or in vehicles parked at MOOV.
7. MOOV provides Clients with a central safe of the hotel in which objects of value may be kept, provided they are duly identified in a document for that purpose.
8. MOOV assumes no responsibility in case of theft, loss or deterioration of objects of value such as money, jewellery or other objects of considerable value if such events take place in the hotel room or inside the vehicles parked at the parking lot.
VII. Access to the hotel room by MOOV
MOOV and its staff shall have the right to enter the hotel room, during the Client’s stay, to conduct cleaning, repairs and similar tasks.
VIII. Price of the stay and other prices
1. The price of the stay to be paid by the Client constitutes the compensation for making available the use of the hotel room, during the period between arrival and departure.
2. The total price of the stay shall be charged per night, regardless of whether the Client actually made use of the room or spent the night there.
3. The applicable rates are the prices agreed or the price indicated on the MOOV price list in force at the date of conclusion of the contract. MOOV shall have the right to increase or decrease the prices if more than four months elapse between the date of reservation by the Client and the date of arrival or if there is any tax, visitors’ contributions or other charges that have been changed or introduced.
4. The rates and amounts indicated according to the terms and the accommodation contract are all plus VAT, unless otherwise indicated.
IX. Payment conditions
1. The price of the stay and prices of additional services must be paid in advance, at the moment when the Client arrives at the hotel, regardless of the invoicing date.
2. If the duration of the Client’s stay is not specified, the price of the stay and prices of additional services for each night must be paid in advance before 12h00.
3. In the case of stays without a specified departure date, failure to pay the price of the stay and additional services according to the terms of the previous paragraph results in the immediate termination of the contract and obliges the Client to immediately vacate the room and deliver it to MOOV free of people and personal belongings and in a good condition.
4. Rates for additional services, within the meaning of paragraph 1, will be, for example, charges relative to the parking lot, breakfast prices, and other charges that are not expressly included in the accommodation contract, but which form part of the total price of the stay.
5. MOOV accepts payment in Euros, transfers, CE Maestro, Visa Electron, and the following credit cards: Visa and MasterCard. Other means of payment shall only be permitted in exceptional cases, with consent from MOOV.
X. Complaints relative to faulty material.
1. The Client must inspect the hotel room immediately upon arrival and report any defects found at the hotel reception.
2. Any defects that arise during the stay must be communicated to the hotel reception as soon as the Client becomes aware of them.
3. After confirmation that there is in fact a defect in the Client’s room, MOOV has the right to choose between its reparation and putting the Client up in a room that is at least of the same category contracted with the Client.
4. For the purposes mentioned in the previous paragraph, only serious defects that might call into question MOOV’s level of service and quality shall be considered, with MOOV not being obliged to take the necessary measures in the case of irrelevant, unreasonable complaints or related to details that do not collide with the minimum level of service contracted.
5. If MOOV is unable to repair the relevant defect or to substitute the room of the Client for another of an equivalent or superior category, said Client may terminate the contract and receive the price paid for the room, not being able to claim anything else from MOOV on whatever grounds.
XI. Responsibility of MOOV
1. MOOV shall only be responsible for Client damages or losses when such facts result from culpable actions of MOOV.
2. MOOV does not assume any responsibility for the loss of data supplied by the Client in the event of an electronic transmission involving payment data, only being responsible in the case of culpable action.
3. MOOV does not assume any responsibility for damages or accidents occurred in the room or any part of the hotel unless such accidents stem from the culpable actions of MOOV.
4. MOOV shall not be considered responsible before the Client in the case of delay in the availability of the room provided there is a valid reason for the delay in the timely availability of the room.
5. For the purposes mentioned in the previous paragraph, the following shall be considered as valid reasons that make the availability of the room impossible or more difficult, namely: strikes, blockages, natural disasters, accidents in the room or hotel.
6. In the case of delay in providing a room after 19h00 on the reservation day, the Client may freely terminate the contract without MOOV being liable (on whatever grounds) to pay any compensation.
7. MOOV does not assume any responsibility for the acts of any employee of the hotel, unless such acts take place within the normal working hours of the duly identified and uniformed employee.
8. MOOV does not assume any responsibility and cannot, in any case, be held liable for noncompliance of accessory obligations.
9. MOOV cannot, in any case, be held responsible for any act or omission of any other Client, even if said act or omission may cause damages or losses to any other Client of the hotel. Any damage caused to third parties by Clients of the hotel is the sole responsibility of said Clients and shall not imply any liability to MOOV.
10. MOOV does not assume any responsibility before the Client for any loss of profits or indirect damages even if arising from noncompliance with the main obligation.
XII. Notification requirement
In the event of theft or damage to property, or in the event of fire, damages caused by water or other damages to the hotel room, the Client shall immediately inform the hotel employees and do everything possible to help in solving the theft or repairing the damages.
XIV. Termination of the accommodation contract
1. MOOV has the right to terminate the accommodation contract if the Client fails to pay the amount due in full and on time or does not provide the required guarantee.
2. The Client may notify the termination of the accommodation contract at any time during his stay until 19h00, with effect from 12h00 of the following day
3. Any of the contracting parties may terminate the accommodation contract for serious reasons.
4. MOOV has the right to immediately terminate the accommodation contract for serious reasons if the Client has any behaviour that affects good relationships, tranquillity or hygiene within the hotel, namely if during his stay at the hotel the Client is under the influence of drugs or alcohol, uses the room to engage in prostitution, offends the hotel employees or any other clients, disturbs the peace of any other clients, or, has in the past made false (malicious) reservations and/or damaged or destroyed the hotel and its premises.
XV. Data protection
1. The client is informed that his personal data will be stored and processed by MOOV and made available to MOOV member companies and some selected service providers, in accordance with the law, for the performance of the contract, for services involving the Client and its own advertisement campaigns.
2. The Client gives MOOV the right to use member companies and some selected service providers to process data and to transmit these personal data, under this section, to companies that store and process data.
3. The Client has the right to object, at any moment, to the use of his personal data for advertisement purposes by notifying MOOV of its intentions in writing.
4. Except where legislation so provides, the personal data of the Client shall be excluded when the accommodation contract ends and the legal retention periods have expired.
5. For full details of the data protection policy, please contact MOOV Porto Praça da Batalha, 32/34. 4101 Porto – Portugal.
XVI. General provisions
1. The Terms and Conditions govern the Client’s stay at the hotel and his use of the room.
2. No verbal agreement shall be made during the accommodation contract and any changes to the contract established by the parties shall necessarily be made in writing and signed by both parties, except in case of a unilateral declaration, which shall consist of a written document signed by the issuer.
3. MOOV shall have the right to employ third parties to comply with its obligations within the scope of the accommodation contract.
4. If part of this contract is declared null and void, this does not affect the validity of the remaining clauses. The invalid provision will be replaced by a valid one, as comes closest to the commercial and legal intentions of the parties or in case that is not possible, by the existing Portuguese legislation.
XVII. Special conditions regarding group reservations
1. The term”goup” is defined as a reservation for at least 10 rooms for people travelling or lodging together. The “group” shall be bound, in addition to the general conditions, to comply with the specific obligations of the current clause.
2. The group must appoint a spokesperson (“leader”) to address MOOV.
3. The “Leader” shall deliver to MOOV, before arrival at the hotel, a complete list containing the detailed identification, address and mobile phone contact of each member of the group.
4. When making a reservation, the leader shall receive a reservation confirmation from MOOV containing the reservation details, together with the check-in information and the necessary data to guarantee the reservation and any other payment conditions.
5. Group reservations are always automatically guaranteed reservations, as defined in clause III3.
6. The group must pay the full amount of the costs for the stay via bank transfer to MOOV’s bank account, indicated in the reservation confirmation or notified by MOOV to the leader so as to conclude the reservation. The group shall reimburse MOOV for any costs associated with external transfers in full, upon arrival at the hotel by the latest.
7. The group’s stay, including complementary service rates, in accordance with clause IX nº 1 and 4, shall be paid in advance, 50% of the total amount upon reservation and the remaining 50%, 7 days before arrival of the group at the hotel, in both cases, irrespective of the date of invoicing.
8. The group is able to cancel the Reservation, without any charges, 15 days prior to the date of arrival at the hotel, in which case MOOV must return to the group the total amount already paid.
9. In case the cancellation is made at least 7 days in advance, the price of one night´s accommodation for each one of the rooms reserved will be charged, and if the cancellation is made less than 7 days in advance, MOOV shall charge the group the total amount of the reservation.
10. MOOV shall reserve hotel rooms according to the category agreed or with the conditions agreed for the group upon arrival, according to availability, in general after 14h00 and, in any case, by 17h00 at the latest.
11. MOOV shall have the right to request a deposit of 500.00 € to the leader of the group upon arrival at the hotel which will be used as a guaranty.
12. The group must receive the invoice relative to its stay, which shall be delivered to the leader.
XVIII. Special conditions regarding trade fairs and special events
1. MOOV shall inform the Client about the dates of trade fairs and special events at any time of the request and in any case, by the reservation date or upon arrival at the latest. The following information applies to dates of trade fairs and special events, regardless, or in addition to the previous provisions:
2. Guaranteed reservations shall only be accepted in case of prolonged stays. Reservations of only one night will not be allowed.
3. The payment conditions provided in clause XVII. shall apply mutatis mutandis.
4. Clause XVII. shall apply mutatis mutandis to cancellations and changes in the length of stays, category of rooms or number of rooms.