Located by the sea and about 10 kms from Lisbon, Oeiras is an excellent place to stay. Nearby, you can find some of the following suggested attractions:
- Poets’ Park –It was created as a tribute to Portuguese culture and currently has about 60 poets represented, including 50 Portuguese and 10 from Portuguese-speaking regions. With an incredible view of the river and the Atlantic, this is a multifaceted space that concentrates a wide range of activities.
Address: R. A Gazeta D’Oeiras 29, 2780-171 Oeiras
Opening Hours: Summer– (From May 1 to September 30): 9 am to 11 pm; Winter– (October 1 to April 30): 10:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Jardim Quinta Real (Caxias) – Considered one of the most interesting historical and architectural elements of the Oeiras County, the farm has gardens and waterfalls adorned by terracotta carved elements, where the main character is a mythological goddess Diana (Goddess of the Hunt).
Address: Estr. Gibalta 18B, Caxias
Opening Hours: Every day from 9am to 8pm in summer and from 9am to 6pm in winter
- Marquês Palace – The ground doors lead you to the large gardens where you will find a more recreational side of the Palace. Waterfalls, ponds and a small pier are some of the things that will be at your disposal. Inside the palace you can contemplate decorative sets from the pombaline period and learn a little about the history of the Carvalho family.
Address: Largo Marquês Pombal 21, 2780-289 Oeiras
Opening Hours: Every day from 10am to 7pm
Contact: 21 440 8300
- Oeiras Marina – Located next to Praia da Torre beach, the marina has three structures: a recreational port, a promenade and an ocean swimming pool. An excellent place to take a walk by the sea, here you can also enjoy the commercial area, the restaurants and bars, as well as the nautical services.
Address Av. Marginal, 2780-267 Praia da Torre
Contact: 21 440 1510
- Boca do Vento Viewpoint (Almada) –Only reached by the panoramic elevator, which connects the historic center of Almada to Jardim do Rio, it has unique views over the city of Lisbon and the Tejo River.
Address: R. do Ginjal 72, Almada
Opening Hours: Every day from 10am to 9pm (panoramic elevator time)
Contact: 22 031 5755