Évora’s gastronomy is one of the richest in Portugal. The traditional Carne de Porco à Alentejana, a Favada Real da Caça e o ensopado de Borrego are some of the delicacies you can’t miss. Come and discover the best places to enjoy them:
- Restaurante 5 amêndoas (€€€) – Award-winning restaurant, known for its exceptional Portuguese black pork. Its refined and cozy atmosphere is ideal to enjoy a unique gastronomic experience.
Address: Rua Diana de Liz 5
Opening Hours: Every day from 12:30pm to 3pm and 7:30pm to 10pm
Contact: 266 700 094
- Restaurante Fialho (€€€) – A worldwide reference, this is the right place to try one of the classics of Alentejo cuisine (the Favada Real de Caça). Besides being well served, you will certainly be well received.
Address: Tv. das Mascarenhas 16, 7000-557 Évora
Opening Hours: Tuesday to Sunday from 12h30 to 15h and from 19h30 to 22h; closed on Mondays
Contact: 266 703 079
- Restaurante Cervejaria 1/4 para as 9 (€€) – Located in the historic center of Évora, presents the most famous dish of the Alentejo, the Carne de Porco à Alentejano. In a combination of fresh and unique ingredients, you can taste the typical gastronomy of the region.
Address: R. de Pedro Simões 9, 7000-629 Évora
Opening Hours: Every day except Wednesday from 12:30pm to 3pm and 7:30pm to 10pm
Contact: 266 706 774
- Restaurante/ Pastelaria A Muralha (€€ – €€€) – Recommended for food lovers, it serves the region’s wonderful ensopado de borrego da região. The excellent quality of the meat and the freshness of the herbs used for its seasoning make it an experience not to be missed.
Address: Rua 5 De Outubro, Nº21, Évora 7000-854 Portugal
Opening Hours: Monday to Friday from 8am to 5:30pm and Saturday from 8am to 1pm; closed on Sunday
Contact: 266 702 284
- Restaurante O Sobreiro (€€) – If you want to try Migas, this restaurant is a must try. Soaked in garlic and olive oil, crumbled wheat bread accompanied by pork or lamb chops is the dish of excellence at Sobreiro.
Address: R. do Torres 8, 7000-603 Évora
Opening Hours: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from noon to 10:30pm; Friday and Saturday from noon to 11pm; closed on Tuesdays
Contact: 266 040 819