Are you going to Alentejo on holiday? Do you want to go to the beach? Here’s all you need to know before you go! We’ll show the finest beaches:
- Tróia Galé beach (Grândola),this beach is very appreciated for its privileged view above the Serra da Arrábida natural park.
2. Comporta beach (Grândola),located at the Tróia Peninsula, on the edge of the Estuário do Sado nature reserve.
3. Carvalhal beach (Grândola),much seeked by surfersand kitesurfers.
4. Melides beach (Grândola), considered the largest Portuguese beach. Much seekedby surfers and paragliding lovers.
5. Lagoa de Santo André beach (Santiago do Cacém),very appreciatedby families and windsurf lovers due to its tranquility waters.
6. São Torpes beach (Sines),considered the best beach for those who want to practice surf in the Alentejo area. In this location the temperature is higher than usual due to the proximate to the thermoelectric power station.
7. Samouqueira beach (Porto Covo, Sines),it’s little frequented, with an intimate and natural character.
8. Zambujeira do Mar beach (Odemira),it is surrounded by high cliffs, where it it possible to enjoy the fantastic view above the ocean. Due to the wind, this beach offers good conditions to practice surf or bodyboard.
9. Furnas beach (Vila Nova de Milfontes, Odemira),located at the Mira river mouth, with a vast stretch of sand extended from the river to the sea.
10. Almograve beach (Odemira),this beach is separated into two parts: on one side there is a beach with several rocks and cliffs and on the other side there’s a beach with dunes.
11. Odeceixe beach (Aljezur),the visitors can go swimming in the sea or in the river. In the river zone there’s always good climacteric conditions to practice either canoeing or doing a boat trip.
12. Arrifana beach,it is considered one of the most beautiful beaches in Portugal. It is located in a bay and its main feature is an imposing vertical rock that rises in the middle of the sea.